The Alumni Medical Library Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Department provides loans of books, book chapters and journal articles for a base fee of $6 per each item ordered. You can view the ILL Web page for more information on this service. You can also submit an ILL request here.
The resource links below are made available to help you order documents directly from a variety of commercial suppliers if you chose NOT to use the ILL services of the Medical Library. Use these links to browse a variety of sites providing access to millions of scientific documents.
- BioDox Document Delivery Services offers a variety of service options so that you may customize requests to meet your needs. Includes photocopies of published articles, papers from conference proceedings, technical reports, dissertations, government reports. Specializes in RUSH requests.
- Biomedical Information Service (BIS) articles and books from the health sciences: medicine, nursing, dentistry, public health and health care delivery, pharmacology, and mortuary science.
- British Library Document Supply Centre supplier of articles, conference papers, book loans, and more.
- CAS Document Detective Service supplies customers worldwide, documents cited in CAS publications such as Chemical Abstracts.
- CISTI the Canadian Institute for Scientific Information offers a copyright cleared document supply service (copies, loans, duplicate microfiche) from a collection of journals, books, conference proceedings and technical reports.
- Infotrieve retrieves articles from libraries around the world. Offers customized billing options.
- IngentaConnect provides free online access and searching from a database of periodicals. From these titles you may order articles.
- Institute for Scientific Information (ISI) Document Solution comprehensive document delivery service that provides high-quality, full-text copies.
- Linda Hall Library books, journals, preprints, specified specs and standards, government documents, technical reports and conference proceedings. Over 1 million monographs, 40,000 serial titles, over 1 million technical reports and most industry and military standards.
- Paperchase provides access to articles listed in MEDLINE and other biomedical databases.
- Use this link to review and compare more than 50 commercial Document Delivery Suppliers. Compiled by Jean Shipman, Tompkins-McCaw Library for the Health Sciences, VCU Libraries, Virginia Commonwealth University.